Whether you practice in a state that requires a specific, board-approved ethics course or you simply need a NASBA-approved ethics CPE course to keep your CPA license in compliance, we have many great options. We strive to make ethics continuing education as interesting as possible by incorporating case studies whenever applicable. Unlike many other providers, we do not charge extra for ethics courses. Our pricing on ethics self-study courses is the same as pricing for other continuing professional education (CPE) courses that we offer.
Showing 64–66 of 66 results
Understanding Ethical Issues in Your Tax Practice (TXE4)
Unlimited CPE Subscription
Wisconsin Professional Ethics (WIMC)
Our NASBA sponsor number is #109234.
Though many states accept a general Regulatory Review or Ethics course, some states require separate approval and specify what needs to be covered in their state ethics courses. Wherever possible, we provide such state-approved courses so that you can meet your state-specific ethics requirement. For example, we offer ethics courses for Arizona CPAs, California CPAs, Colorado CPAs, Florida CPAs, and Texas CPAs. Please see our complete list of ethics courses above to locate your state-specific course.
These registrations do not constitute an endorsement by the State Boards of Accountancy as to the quality of our CPE programs. State CPE requirements can vary; therefore, you should always check with your State Board. Your State Board is the final authority on any program even when formal sponsorship has been given. You can access CPE requirements by state here. Some states require up to 4 hours of ethics CPE, some require a regulatory review, and others have their own specific requirements, so be sure to confirm your state’s professional ethics requirements.
We also offer a variety of general self-study ethics courses on a variety of topics for CPAs looking to complete CPE credits or enhance their understanding of professional ethics and professional standards. The following courses are not state-specific, and offer insight into regulatory ethics and professional conduct for certified public accountants. At this time, we offer the following general ethics courses:
2 CPE hours:
- Ethical Considerations for Tax Practitioners (ETC2) – specific ethical considerations that come into play as a practitioner in the eyes of the Internal Revenue Service
- Ethical Requirements Under IRS Circular 230 – for EAs (EAMC) – understanding Treasury Department Circular No. 230, which governs who may be a practitioner as well as the duties and restrictions imposed upon them
- Madoff: A Case Study in the AICPA Code of Conduct (OFMC) – a comprehensive case study addressing the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Professional Ethics and Code of Conduct for CPAs (CCMC) – based upon the reformatted AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, this course covers the conceptual framework utilized in the reformatted code as well as the rules and interpretations applicable to CPAs
- Review of General Ethics Issues for All CPAs (GEA2) – focused on the general ethics issues within the accounting profession
4 CPE hours:
- General Ethics for CPAs (EGMC) – an overview of ethical thought as well as the core values of the CPA profession and the application of these values to ethical reasoning
- Understanding Ethical Issues in Your Tax Practice (TXE4) – the specific ethical considerations that come into play as a practitioner in the eyes of the Internal Revenue Service
View all of our Ethics courses above or, for access to all of these courses and more, check out our Unlimited CPE Subscription.