Description: Complying with IRS Regs regarding expense reimbursements just got a whole lot harder. Organizations everywhere are eyeing the bottom line and insisting on rigid travel & entertainment policy compliance. The IRS is taking an equally harsh stance tightening the rules. Compliance must now be not only with the company policies but also IRS rules. Otherwise, you could end up answering not only to the CFO but also the IRS–and that can be truly ugly. Guarantee your company is compliant with the latest travel & expense issues.
- Guidelines for an accountable plan
- Documentation requirements
- IRS guidelines for reasonableness
- A discussion of some bank products that help stop electronic payment fraud
- Reimbursement practices when employees use their own car, motorcycle or private plane
- Receipt requirements and where you might have some flexibility
- Mileage reimbursements when employee uses his/her own car
- What to do when an employee loses a receipt
- Best Practices
This is a rebroadcast of a webinar. There are accompanying PowerPoint slides.
Delivery Method: Online QAS Self Study.
Advanced Preparation: None