This course will examine the federal income tax deduction for business use of a home and will discuss:
- Qualifying for a home office tax deduction;
- Determining a taxpayer’s home office deduction using the actual expense and simplified methods;
- The special home-office deduction rules that apply to daycare facilities;
- The taxpayer’s home-office deduction recordkeeping requirements; and
- Where to take the deduction and the forms a tax preparer must use in connection with it.
Table of Contents
Delivery Method: QAS Self Study.
Advanced Preparation: None