Description: In this session Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA shares techniques you can use to test the integrity of any Excel workbook. David demonstrates a number of often overlooked features in Excel that can help you quickly get the lay of the land in any spreadsheet. Techniques that David describes include: locating worksheets that can’t be found via Excel’s main interface; unlocking password-protected workbooks when the password isn’t known; identifying duplicates with Conditional Formatting; menu commands that identify cells with formulas or hard-coded values; and much more. In this presentation, David demonstrates techniques in Excel 2016, but where applicable notes any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007. Topics covered:
• Decipher and manage Excel’s macro security prompts.
• Discover how to use Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
• Learn the risks and frustrations of using merged cells in Excel worksheets.
• Learn what a macro is in Excel, along with the risks and benefits.
• See how to use Excel’s Macro Recorder to create simple macros without any programming knowledge required.
• Use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text without retyping, or to separate text into separate columns.
Delivery Method: Online QAS Self Study. – Video
Version: David demonstrates techniques in Excel 2016, but where applicable notes any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007
Prerequisites: Experience working in Excel Spreadsheets
Advanced Preparation: None