Few advantages are as sought after by parents for their children than an education that will enable them to grow professionally and enjoy the benefits such an education can help bestow. The federal government supports and encourages their efforts to provide that education through various programs and income tax incentives. This course will examine the programs, credits, deductions and federal income tax treatment of various items that affect saving for and financing an individual’s education. In so doing, it will consider:
- Qualified tuition programs;
- Coverdell education savings accounts;
- The education savings bond program;
- Federal tax credits for education;
- The federal tax treatment of scholarships, fellowships, grants and tuition reductions; and
- Deductions available for student loan interest, tuition and fees.
Table of Contents
Delivery Method: Online QAS Self Study.
Advanced Preparation: None