CPE Registration FAQ
CPE Exams designed to meet your needs.
Purchasing a course and taking the CPE exam is easy.
Find a course that interests you
Click the More Info button to see all the course information
Click the Buy Now button
At this point a brief outline of the course and its price appears.
Click Add to Cart
Click View Cart or Checkout
If you are a NEW student - Select "I do not have an account with CPASelfstudy". You will need to create a userid and password of your own choosing. This allows you to get back to the course whenever you want. Enter the credit card information and submit. If you a registered tax return preparer or EA please include your PTIN number.
You will see a link to the course you purchased and you can go there immediately. Ebooks are immediately downloadable.
You will also receive a welcome email from the Registar with your user id, the courses you registered for and a link to the course.
The fastest way to get back to the course materials or the exam is to click the Student Login icon located on the top of the www.cpaselfstudy.com website. You can also go to www.takeexams.cpaselfstudy.com
If you are a RETURNING student, select "I already have an account with CPASelfstudy" and enter your userid and password up at the top of the page.
If you forget your password, you can recover it by clicking the Recover Password link under the Login dialog box. If you forget your user id, you will have to call or email us although we are working on a fix for that.
- If you want to read your EBook on your IPAD you need to mail it to yourself and open it up on your IPAD mail app. You can also try some of the PDF Reader apps.
- Course and exams may be stopped and re-started as often as you wish. If you are taking the exam, simply advance the exam to the next page to save the answers.
- You have one entire year from the date of course purchase to complete your exam.
- A passing grade is 70% (California ethics passing grade is 90%). You can re-take a cpe exam as many times as necessary.
- On-line exams are automatically graded and the participants's name, grade and date of the exam recorded.
- For paper exams received in the mail, our certificates use the postmark as the exam date. Any exam that you paid for can be retaken.
- Once a passing grade has been achieved a certificate is sent to the participant.
- Exams taken on-line will have a certificate generated if a grade of 70% or higher is earned. You will be immediately notified if you have passed the exam and a certificate will be emailed to you. On-line certificates are emailed immediately after the exam is passed.
- If you opted to take the exam on paper then a certificate will either be emailed/faxed or mailed depending upon your stated preference. Turnaround on paper exams is 7 days or less. If you're in a big hurry - let us know and we'll do our best to get it to you on your timetable
- Certificates are automatically generated however they sometimes end up in spam folders. You can reprint your certificate at anytime. Go to (My Courses) and click on the minus sign to the left of the course and you will see the certificates that you have earned in that course. You can then click on the "View" link to open the PDF on your computer and then print it.
It is important that your email be typed in correctly.
It is also important that if you have a spam guard on your email, you unblock the domain cpaselfstudy.com.
If you still have trouble, simply email us at Registrar@cpaselfstudy.com and we will email you a new one. Be sure to include your full name and address as well as the course name and this is important -Make sure that you have added cpaselfstudy.com as a domain that you will accept email from. Sometimes our mail ends up in your spam folder.
If you aren't sure then email us and we will walk you through it. Email Registrar@cpaselfstudy.com or call 317-507-6834.